How to Make Indian Chicken Curry – a dish often prepared for gatherings and feasts. This is a flavorful and nutritious dish that many people love. This Indian-style chicken curry recipe is also very simple with familiar ingredients that come together to create a uniquely enticing dish. Have you learned how to make Indian curry yet? Let’s explore how to prepare this dish with Piinves right away!
Are you looking for brown food recipes? Please see the next article
How to Make Indian-Style Chicken Curry
Preparing the Ingredients for Indian Chicken Curry Chicken:
- 1 whole (approximately 1.2 kg)
- Yellow potatoes: 200g
- Fresh coconut milk: 200ml Dried onions, garlic, chili powder, lemongrass, cornstarch (can be substituted with arrowroot or cornstarch)
- Curry powder: 1 packet
- Curry sauce: 1 packet
- Other seasonings: MSG (optional), chicken bouillon powder, fish sauce, salt, etc.
How to Make Indian-Style Chicken Curry
Step 1: Preparing the Ingredients
If using live chicken:
- First, boil a pot of water and dip the chicken into it. Then, remove the chicken and use a bowl to catch the chicken blood. After all the blood has drained, dip the chicken into the boiling water again. The high temperature makes it easier to remove the feathers. Pluck all the feathers, then open the chicken’s abdomen and remove all the internal organs. Rub salt all over the chicken and its internal organs. Clean the internal organs thoroughly. Next, wash the meat with clean water and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
If using pre-prepared chicken:
- When you bring the chicken home, simply rub salt all over it to remove any odors. Then, cut the chicken into suitable pieces and briefly blanch it in boiling water to remove any impurities. Remove it from the water, rinse it with clean water, and let it drain.
Yellow potatoes: Wash the potatoes thoroughly and drain them in a basket. The size of each potato determines the cutting method. If the potatoes are large, cut them into quarters; if they are small, cut them in half. You can slice them lengthwise first and then cut them into short round pieces. You can substitute yellow potatoes with other types of root vegetables like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, or cook them all together for added flavor.
You want keto diet eat Read more: Weight Loss Methods
Dried onions, garlic: Peel and crush them, then finely mince.
Step 2: Cooking Delicious Indian Chicken Curry
- Marinating the chicken: Marinate the chicken with minced garlic, minced onion, sliced chili, chili powder, chicken stock, fish sauce, and sugar. Mix well to ensure the chicken absorbs the flavors.
- Frying the potatoes: Heat oil in a pan, then add the potatoes and fry until they turn golden and cooked. Prepare a plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil, then transfer the fried potatoes to the plate.
- Sautéing the chicken: Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring until the chicken pieces firm up. Add a small amount of water (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Making Indian Chicken Curry: Once the chicken is cooked, add one packet of curry sauce and adjust the seasoning to taste. Then, mix one spoon of cornstarch with water and stir until the sauce thickens. Finally, add the fried potatoes and other vegetables, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes before turning off the heat.
Step 3: Enjoying the Dish
Serve the Indian Chicken Curry in a bowl, garnish with fresh herbs to add color and flavor. This flavorful and aromatic dish with sweet and savory vegetables and tender, delicious chicken will captivate you and your family from the very first bite. You can enjoy it with hot rice or dip some bread; it’s equally delightful. Don’t forget to savor the rich and hearty curry sauce – it’s truly amazing!